The Extra Virgin Olive oil (EVOO) has excellent nutritional properties, so, its consumption is very beneficial for the health:
- It helps to reduce the levels of cholesterol LDL or bad cholesterol and reduces the risk of suffering cardiovascular diseases. Also, it improves the control of the blood pressure and prevents the obesity.
- Rich in polyphenols, of powerful antioxidant action, it prevents the cellular aging, the degenerative diseases as Alzheimer's disease and the formation of cancerous cells.
- It is associated with a minor risk of depression.
- Is a source of obtaining escualeno, that till now was extracted from the shark of deep waters, one of the seriously threatened species. Between its beneficial effects, stand out its protective properties of the immunological and cardiovascular system, and the prevention of diseases as cancer or diabetes.
- Only some EVOOs, as the ones produced by Oleum Hispania, contain oleocanthal, that helps to anticipate rheumatic, cardiovascular or neurodegenerative diseases.
- It contains Vitamins A, D, E and K and it favors the absorption of minerals as the calcium, the phosphorus, the magnesium and the zinc
- In diabetics it helps to control the level of glucose in blood.
- It is effective against digestive system disorders as stomach ulcers or acidity, and it favours the intestinal traffic.
Oleum Hispania collaborates with the University of Granada in the Campus of International Excellency (CEI) Biotic Granada, which has as aim to promote the technological transference between the environment of the University and the companies, and the improvement of the quality and the excellence in biosanitary areas.